How to Choose a Water Purifier: Water, Water Everywhere...but Not a Drop to Drink?
But did you give any thought to what it’s doing to your body? It’s true that doctors suggest we drink 8 glasses of water a day, but if you don’t drink the right kind of water, it can have a harmful effect on you!
Wait a minute, you say: "The right kind of water???" How many kinds of water are there?
The answer is: several! Water is not just a colourless liquid that quenches our parched tongues. Water is a necessary part of life and not just for keeping us hydrated. Most people don’t know that water contains other properties that allow you to live a healthy life:
2. Your water should help balance out the acidic state of your body. Simply put, our bodies’ tissues produce waste that is acid in nature. When these acid wastes accumulate --because of pollutants, modern diet and stress -- our tissues slowly deteriorate. Chronic diseases such as cancer, arthritis, diabetes and osteoporosis are associated with this acid condition. Water should help balance out our acidic state by being alkaline.
3. Like a natural stream, your water should have antioxidant properties. Oxidisation hastens cell breakdown, while foods with antioxidant properties prevent it. You don’t need anyone to tell you that you want a body that generates cells, not destroys them!
4. Your water should be free of contaminants. Many people are shocked to learn that there can be over 2000 contaminants in an ordinary glass of tap water.
So aside from quenching your thirst, water should also be full of minerals, be alkaline, and be antioxidant. But did you know that most water is exactly the opposite? And did you know that waters from many water purifier systems fail these basic requirements?
It’s true. People buy water purification systems thinking that they will successfully filter out the "bad stuff" and keep the "good stuff"in water. Unfortunately, many systems, even the expensive ones, either do an inadequate job of filtering out the "bad stuff" or they filter out everything-- both good and bad. In fact, there are filtration systems for which people pay top dollar, that doctors recommend you don’t drink from on a long term basis -- because they can make your body even more acidic!
But before you completely swear off water, know this: it’s not all bad news. There are excellent purification systems that do a good job of creating healthy, alkaline water with as much antioxidant property as a glass of orange juice!
Protect the health of your family. Before believing the advertising claims of any system, and before spending a fortune on bottled water, really compare the choices in home purification systems. Find out:
1. How do the health benefits of each system compare? (contamination, acidity, antioxidant, minerals)
2. What’s the taste like? If you don’t love the taste, you won’t drink enough water.
3. How much will it actually cost me?